Fish You Were Here
Fish Lover Spice
The Fennel Countdown
Fennel Citrus Blend
- 1 lb. wild shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp Fish You Were Here Fish Lovers Spice
- 1 large bunch kale. center stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 small red grapefruit, sectioned with white pithe removed-juices reserved for dressing
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced with a few fronds set aside for garnish.
- 1/2 tbsp The Fennel Countdown Fennel Citrus Spice
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- fresh ground pepper
For the Dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Champagne vinegarette
- 1/2 tbsp The Fennel Countdown Fennel Citrus Blend
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add the sliced fennel to baking tray, add 1 tsbp olive oil, season with The Fennel Countdown blend and 1/2 tsp sea salt. Stir until the fennel is coated with the oil and spices. Roast for 15 minutes.
Prepare the Shrimp & Grapefruit
- Add the shrimp to a bowl and season with Fish You Were Here spice blend and the remaining 1 tsb sea salt.
- Heat a skillet and add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. When hot, add the shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes per side until opaque in color. Remove and set aside.
- When the fennel is finished roasting remove from the oven and allow to cool while you prep the grapfruit. Section the grapfruit over a bowl, remove the skin and the white pithy parts. Use a knife and remove the membrane. Cut the sections out whole, reserving any grapefruit juice that remains in the bowl.
Make the Dressing
- Make the dressing in a mason jar by adding all the dressing ingredients and the reserved grapefruit juices. add salt and pepper to taste.
Build the Salad
- Build the salad by adding the chopped kale to a large bowl, top with cooked shrimp, grapfruit and roasted fennel. Add a small amount of dressing at a time-save the remaining for your next salad. Top with the walnuts and fennel fronds. Enjoy!
Learn How to Cook
With Our Blends
At Healthy On You®, we feel it is integral to give back to our communities and those in need. We have carried out this mission by offering donation-based cooking classes, we call our Cooking for a Cause series. All proceeds are donated to that classes’s charity of choice, typically a cause fighting for social justice and equality. Join us to learn how to cook with your favorite Healthy On You® blends, support a great cause, and meet others who share a similar passion for flavorful, nutritious food!