Spice Spice Baby
Asian 6 Spice
- 1 gluten-free puff pastry dough, thawed (Shar makes a good one)
- 2 cups homemade cranberry sauce (recipe to my Screwy Cranberry sauce here)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup red wine (I used Pegasus Estate Wines Cabernet)
- 2 tsp Healthy On You® Spice Spice Baby Spice Blend
- 4 small very ripe pears
- 1 small egg, beaten
- Fresh cranberries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a medium saucepan, add the cranberry sauce, honey, wine, Spice Spice Baby Spice Blend and bring to a boil.
- If the mixture is too thick, add about a ¼ cup of water to loosen the juices.
- Set a strainer over a glass bowl. Scrape the mixture into the strainer and allow the liquids to drain.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the pears into halves. Carefully remove the stems and place a pear half, cut-side down, onto a work surface. Place a chopstick on either side of the pear half, so the pear is framed on the top and bottom. Thinly slice the pear crosswise, stopping when the knife hits the chopstick and leaving the bottom ¼ inch of the pear intact. Repeat with the remaining pear halves and set aside.
- On a parchment paper, roll out the puff pastry dough.
- When most of the liquid has drained from the cranberry mixture, scoop a thin layer of the solids from inside the strainer and spread on the base of the dough leaving a 1 ½-inch border. Reserve the liquid.
- Add the sliced pear halves on top of the surface of the cranberry mixture. Try to cover as much space with the sliced pear halves as possible.
- Fold the pastry edge up and over the pears to create a 1 ½-inch border.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the beaten egg over the border of the galette.
- Use toothpicks to pin and secure the corners down
- Bake the galette for 30 to 35 minutes, until the crust is browned and the fruit in the center is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and using a pastry brush dipped into the reserved cranberry liquid, brush the top of the pears and coat.
- Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool before serving.
- Add a dollop of fresh whipped cream or mascarpone. Sprinkle with cranberries for garnish.
Holiday Cranberry Chicken with Grapes & Tomatoes
It’s cranberry season! I love the tartness of these berries and experimenting with new ways to add them to my recipes is always fun and challenging. This delicious-and I stress, delicious recipe is a keeper! I prepared it last night for dinner guests and everyone was asking for the recipe after and there was not even a cranberry left in the pot. So here it is below. This recipe uses my Healthy On You® Seasoning Beneath My Wings spice blend to create a flavorful herb texture that makes the chicken irresistible. Pair it with wild rice, farro or quinoa for a delicious anytime meal.
Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
Yes… we’re still baking things with pumpkin. But, in our defense, these healthy Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins are worth it! They make for a great breakfast or snack and they’re not like your typical unhealthy muffin. In true Healthy On You® style, these muffins have no unnecessary sugar, butter or gluten. Instead, the sweetness comes from maple syrup, the moisture from coconut oil and almond flour makes them gluten-free. Don’t let those ingredients scare you away though! These do not disappoint in flavor or texture. Plus, they’re extra special with the addition of our Spice Spice Baby Spice Blend. Give them a try and see for yourself. We bet you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
Learn How to Cook
With Our Blends
At Healthy On You®, we feel it is integral to give back to our communities and those in need. We have carried out this mission by offering donation-based cooking classes, we call our Cooking for a Cause series. All proceeds are donated to that classes’s charity of choice, typically a cause fighting for social justice and equality. Join us to learn how to cook with your favorite Healthy On You® blends, support a great cause, and meet others who share a similar passion for flavorful, nutritious food!