Provence You've Been Gone
Herbes de provence
- 1 ready-made 11" pie crust
- 1 tbsp olive oil, separated
- ½ cup diced uncured pancetta
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green parts, only
- 3 large eggs + one egg yolk
- 1 large ripe heirloom tomato, cut in about 5, ¼" inch thick slices
- 2 tsp Healthy On You® Provence You've Been Gone Herbes de Provence spice blend
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- ½ cup asiago cheese, grated
- a handful of arugula for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
PREP THE CRUST
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Roll out the dough and place it in a greased tart pan with a removable bottom. Form it around the edges to allow it to fit in all the ripples along the edge. Using a fork, poke a series of holes in the bottom.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins. Remove and set aside, keep the oven on.
MAKE THE TART FILLING
- Heat a 10" skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove from the pan and discard the fat/oil and return to the heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil. When hot, add the leeks, and the Provence You've Been Gone spice blend and sea salt.
- Cook, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes until the leeks soften. If the leeks begin to burn at the edges, reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the pancetta back in. cook for one minute and remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the eggs and whisk well. Add the milk and cheese. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and ½ tsp of the Provence You've Been Gone spice blend.
- Working in layers, add the leek mixture to the bottom of the pie crust; then pour over ½ the egg mixture and repeat.
- Add the sliced tomatoes evenly across the top of the tart. Bake in the oven. (Good trick-place the tart on top of an upside-down baking tray on the oven rack to ensure the bottom crust gets crispy and not soggy.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to rest for 8-10 minutes before serving. Top with fresh arugula.
Spring Charred Vegetables with Roasted Salmon
This delicious and nutritious recipe is perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner using the Herby Melodies Edible Playlist spice blends. Here you have all you’re favorites in one dish! This recipe was a winner for the Tone it Community! Check out the live cooking class @toneitup and get inspired!
Sausage and Potato Breakfast Hash
This is the perfect breakfast or brunch dish that will make your tastebuds do a dance. Our House of the Rising Spice Creole Spice is amazing in this recipe. Give it a try.
Spice-tastic Chicken Salad
This is the best chicken salad ever. We use our You’re So Spain Spanish Spice Blend to turn up the flavor on the chicken. The recipe is simple, all you need is fresh organic chicken breast and a good oven-safe pan and you are all set.
Learn How to Cook
With Our Blends
At Healthy On You®, we feel it is integral to give back to our communities and those in need. We have carried out this mission by offering donation-based cooking classes, we call our Cooking for a Cause series. All proceeds are donated to that classes’s charity of choice, typically a cause fighting for social justice and equality. Join us to learn how to cook with your favorite Healthy On You® blends, support a great cause, and meet others who share a similar passion for flavorful, nutritious food!