You're So Spain
Savory Spanish Blend
- 1 whole 4-5 lb chicken, spatchcocked (see intro notes)
- 2 tbsp Healthy On You® You're So Spain Savory Spanish Spice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic bulb, cut across the equator in half
- 1 lemon, cut in two halves
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425˚F
- Season the chicken: spray or rub with the olive oil, sprinkle the You're So Spain spice blend all over the skin and the inside cavity. Sprinkle both sides liberally with the kosher salt. Gently rub in.
- Place in a 12" cast iron or a large stainless steel skillet or pan. Add lemon and garlic halves all around.
- Place uncovered in the over for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving. Enjoy!
Smoky Spatchcock Chicken with Rosemary and Garlic Scapes
Removing the backbone from your whole chicken cuts the baking time by almost a third. It’s easy and super worth it, especially if you are cooking on a weeknight. A 4-5 lb. whole chicken cooked this way takes about 45 minutes to fully cook. This recipe is made with a mix of my You’re So Spain and No Woman No Spice spice Blends. It’s such a great combo, you have to try it! The You’re So Spain adds a smoky flavor with the smoked paprika while the No Woman No Spice adds the spice of habanero chile and allspice.
Holiday Spatchcock Turkey
Do you know people whose least favorite dish at Thanksgiving is the turkey? Well, we’re here to change that! Even if you love turkey, this recipe is a must. Presenting our Holiday Spatchcock Turkey! We used our Healthy On You® I’m Still Brining holiday spice blend and it was the best turkey we’ve ever had… no joke. The turkey was perfectly juicy and filled with unique flavors. No one at the table even touched the gravy, a rare occurrence in our family.
Learn How to Cook
With Our Blends
At Healthy On You®, we feel it is integral to give back to our communities and those in need. We have carried out this mission by offering donation-based cooking classes, we call our Cooking for a Cause series. All proceeds are donated to that classes’s charity of choice, typically a cause fighting for social justice and equality. Join us to learn how to cook with your favorite Healthy On You® blends, support a great cause, and meet others who share a similar passion for flavorful, nutritious food!