De Spice Cito
Adobo Spice Blend
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 large leek, white parts only, carefully washed and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Healthy On You® De Spice Cito Adobo Spice Blend
- 4+ cups vegetable stock
- 1-15 oz can coconut milk
- 1-15 oz can cannellini beans, drained
- Sea salt and fresh pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 ˚F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower and leeks evenly to the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with the De Spice Cito spice blend. Stir well until the vegetables are evenly coated with the oil and spices.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes so the leeks don't burn.
- When the vegetables are soft and have a some char on the edges, remove from the oven. Reserve about 1/2 of the roasted vegetables and set aside for garnish.
- Add the remaining vegetables to a high-powered blender. Ad the stock, coconut milk and cannellini beans. Blend for 2-3 minutes on high.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. Add more De Spice Cito and sea salt to taste. Add black pepper and more stock if the soup is too thick for your liking.
- Serve the soup in bowls with the reserved pieces of roasted vegetables in the center. Enjoy with fresh bread.
Carrot and Asian Pear Soup with Mint Pistou and Walnuts
On Orcas Island where I spend time during the summer and fall months, we have an Asian pear tree. The pears are ripe late August to mid-September and I love finding delicious ways to eat them. Carrot and ginger soup is one of my favorites but I wondered how I could incorporate Asian pears into the mix. If you can't find Asian pears try using a Anjou pears instead.
Apple Fennel & Turmeric Soup
Looking for the perfect fall soup for Thanksgiving and beyond? Look no further than our Apple Fennel and Turmeric Soup! This recipe is great to make in batches for meal prep. It can be fancy if you want to add it into a roasted pumpkin bowl or paired with a salad and it’s a delicious starter at your Thanksgiving table.
Weeknight Chicken Tortilla Soup
Our De Spice Cito spice blend is everything in this easy peasy weeknight meal. The toppings are a must. Make this when you have a left over rotisserie chicken or any chicken leftovers....
Learn How to Cook
With Our Blends
At Healthy On You®, we feel it is integral to give back to our communities and those in need. We have carried out this mission by offering donation-based cooking classes, we call our Cooking for a Cause series. All proceeds are donated to that classes’s charity of choice, typically a cause fighting for social justice and equality. Join us to learn how to cook with your favorite Healthy On You® blends, support a great cause, and meet others who share a similar passion for flavorful, nutritious food!