Here Comes The Yum
Turmeric Ginger Spice
- 1 cup red lentils (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 tbsp Healthy On You® Here Comes the Yum Turmeric Ginger spice blend
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium-sized onion, diced
- 2 scallions, green and white parts diced
- 1 rbsp ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ground fresh pepper
- 2 ½ cups cooked white or brown basmati rice
- raw spinach
- baked plantains
- Set 2½ cups of water to boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the salt and the lentils and stir to combine. Add the Here Comes the Yum spice blend.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small skillet, add the olive oil and sauté the onions, scallions, garlic, ginger and scotch bonnet pepper for 5-7 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, the lentil should be soft and the mixture thickening. If not, let it cook an additional few minutes. Be careful not to burn the lentils or allow the liquid to dry out. You want a thick consistency with the lentils completely broken down.
- When the lentils are finished cooking, pour in the sautéed onion mixture with the lentils and stir well.
- Serve with rice, baked plantains and spinach. Garnish with chopped scallions and fresh ground pepper.
Holiday Pot Roast
Wherever you are, this time of year is perfect for cooking comfort foods! This recipe is naturally gluten-free, has lots of delicious vegetables and is full of flavor. Typically, pot roasts take quite some time to cook. However, in this recipe we used our Instant Pot to speed things along! This recipes is great for a cozy meal and is perfect for the holidays!
Stuffed Chicken Breast
The holidays are behind us and we’re back with one of our easy and delicious weeknight meals! We’re currently loving this dish and how versatile it is. Our Seasoning Beneath My Wings spice blend is the star of this recipes, but what you choose to stuff your chicken with can vary! In this version, we decided on mozzarella, asparagus and sun dried tomatoes. We’ll be playing around with other delicious and nutritious combos to stuff our chicken with and would love to hear from you!
Spring Charred Vegetables with Roasted Salmon
This delicious and nutritious recipe is perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner using the Herby Melodies Edible Playlist spice blends. Here you have all you’re favorites in one dish! This recipe was a winner for the Tone it Community! Check out the live cooking class @toneitup and get inspired!
Learn How to Cook
With Our Blends
At Healthy On You®, we feel it is integral to give back to our communities and those in need. We have carried out this mission by offering donation-based cooking classes, we call our Cooking for a Cause series. All proceeds are donated to that classes’s charity of choice, typically a cause fighting for social justice and equality. Join us to learn how to cook with your favorite Healthy On You® blends, support a great cause, and meet others who share a similar passion for flavorful, nutritious food!