Here Comes The Yum
Turmeric Ginger Spice
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp Healthy On You® Here Comes the Yum Turmeric Ginger Spice Blend
- 1 large egg, beated
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ⅓ cup cooked grains like brown rice, farro, freekeh or quinoa
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
FOR THE SOUP
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp Healthy On You® Here Comes the Yum Turmeric Ginger Spice Blend
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro
- sea salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- Combine all the meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together with a wooden spoon or your hands until the mixture comes together evenly.
- With wet hands, roll the mixture into small balls and set aside on a lined baking sheet
MAKE THE SOUP
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- When the onions are translucent, add the Here Comes the Yum spice blend, garlic, carrots, celery and saute the vegetables for three minutes.
- Add the broth and stir well, scraping up any of the brown bits in the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil, then cover
- Reduce the heat, gently add the meatballs to the soup and cook for 20 minutes until the carrots are soft.
- Add the spinach, stir well and remove from the heat. Add in cilantro and serve immediately.
Fire Roasted Tomato Soup with Turkey Meatballs
I’m loving this delicious, healthy and little spicy spin on your typical minestrone soup. First, I skip the regular canned tomatoes and use organic fire roasted tomatoes to give this dish an extra kick. Instead of pasta, chickpeas do the trick here to add a nice texture and a dose of fiber. Ground turkey is my go to when making meatballs but you can all always substitute with another organic, grass-fed meat of your choice.
Freekeh Soup with Herby Chicken Apple Meatballs
This is one amazing bowl of soup. It’s hearty with chunks of vegetables and loaded with Freekeh, a middle eastern grain that is smoky and savory on its own. This soup is perfect for meal prepping because you can prepare a large pot and have plenty left over for the freezer and weekday lunches. Don’t skip the fresh marjoram, it makes the soup really fragrant and gives it even more flavor the next day.
Za’atar Spiced Lentil Meatballs With Sweet Potato Noodles
This is such a yummy and versatile recipe for any time of the year. The lentil mixture is wholesome and nutritiously packed with fresh vegetables. This recipe has quite a few ingredients, but my suggestion would be to double the recipe and freeze half of the lentil balls on a metal tray individually before putting them together in the freezer. They can last months and you will have these meatballs at the ready!
Learn How to Cook
With Our Blends
At Healthy On You®, we feel it is integral to give back to our communities and those in need. We have carried out this mission by offering donation-based cooking classes, we call our Cooking for a Cause series. All proceeds are donated to that classes’s charity of choice, typically a cause fighting for social justice and equality. Join us to learn how to cook with your favorite Healthy On You® blends, support a great cause, and meet others who share a similar passion for flavorful, nutritious food!