Spice Spice Baby
Asian 6 Spice
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tsp Healthy On You® Spice Spice Baby Spice Blend
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ Honeycrisp apple, cubed
- 6 pitted dates, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
FOR THE DRESSING
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp shallots, minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the Spice Spice Baby, salt and olive oil in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the butternut squash in a baking tray, pour the mixture over, and toss to coat. Bake in the oven for 30–35 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa per the package instructions.
- For the dressing: place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk vigorously. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the cooked quinoa in a large serving bowl. Layer in the prepared apples, dates, and butternut squash. Lightly toss. Pour dressing over and toss again until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve!
Quinoa Stuffed Honeynut Squash
We just can’t get enough of Butternut squash these days and as fall begins to set in look no further for great recipes with our flavorful spice blends.
Za'atar Spiced Quinoa Salad
We are loving this quinoa salad for it’s simplicity but it’s a whole other thing with our Healthy On You® While my Za’atar Gently Weeps Middle Eastern Spice. You can’t go wrong. It’s the perfect lunch or side dish with a protein of your choice.
Heirloom Cherry Tomato and Plum Salad
This is how I use my late season produce, all picked fresh from the garden at peak freshness-Italian plums, Asian Pears, Bosc pears and cherry tomatoes. With the pears, I made the Carrot and Asian Pear Soup, but the plums are special and I wanted to eat them fresh in a salad.
Learn How to Cook
With Our Blends
At Healthy On You®, we feel it is integral to give back to our communities and those in need. We have carried out this mission by offering donation-based cooking classes, we call our Cooking for a Cause series. All proceeds are donated to that classes’s charity of choice, typically a cause fighting for social justice and equality. Join us to learn how to cook with your favorite Healthy On You® blends, support a great cause, and meet others who share a similar passion for flavorful, nutritious food!