Provence You've Been Gone
Herbes de provence
Seasoning Beneath My Wings
Paleo Poultry Rub
- 1 4-6 lb Whole Organic Chicken
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Healthy On You® Seasoning Beneath My Wings Paleo Poultry Spice or 1 tbsp Healthy On You® Provence You've Been Gone Herbes de Provence
- 2 whole lemon, quartered
- 2 heads of garlic, halved crosswise
- 6 medium-size shallots, peeled and halved
- 6 kumquats, halved (sub. 2 mandarin oranges)
- ¼ cup dry vermouth
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs of thyme, for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the chicken with the Seasoning Beneath My Wings spice blend or Provence You've Been Gone Spice Blend, whichever you are using, salt, and pepper,
- Swirl the oil in a large roasting pan, and place the seasoned chicken in it. Arrange the lemon, garlic bulb halves and shallots around the chicken, then add the vermouth and chicken stock to the pan.
- Put the pan in the oven, and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, then baste it with the pan juices.
- Add the kumquats and continue roasting for another 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is very crisp and the meat cooked through.
- Serve in the pan or on a warmed platter, garnished with the thyme.
These popovers are easy, yummy and simple! They make the perfect snack or appetizer. You can also get creative with the flavors, since the popovers themselves are a blank slate for experimentation. In this version, we used our Healthy On You® Bohemian Rosemary Sea Salt and Let the Good Thymes Roll Spice Blend. We have so much fun making this recipe as a family, you’ll want to give this a try!
Sam’s Jamaican Jerk Chicken
When I have the time and only on a weekend, I love to make my Jerk Chicken recipe. From I was a child I would watch my mom make this delicious traditional Jamaican dish. It’s easy and definitely a labor of love that she made only in the summer when she could slow cook it outside on a charcoal grill, on low. She would make pounds of it for backyard BBQ’s and family events. Our whole neighborhood would have this amazing smell wafting through the streets.
Stuffed Chicken Breast
The holidays are behind us and we’re back with one of our easy and delicious weeknight meals! We’re currently loving this dish and how versatile it is. Our Seasoning Beneath My Wings spice blend is the star of this recipes, but what you choose to stuff your chicken with can vary! In this version, we decided on mozzarella, asparagus and sun dried tomatoes. We’ll be playing around with other delicious and nutritious combos to stuff our chicken with and would love to hear from you!
Spice-tastic Chicken Salad
This is the best chicken salad ever. We use our You’re So Spain Spanish Spice Blend to turn up the flavor on the chicken. The recipe is simple, all you need is fresh organic chicken breast and a good oven-safe pan and you are all set.
Learn How to Cook
With Our Blends
At Healthy On You®, we feel it is integral to give back to our communities and those in need. We have carried out this mission by offering donation-based cooking classes, we call our Cooking for a Cause series. All proceeds are donated to that classes’s charity of choice, typically a cause fighting for social justice and equality. Join us to learn how to cook with your favorite Healthy On You® blends, support a great cause, and meet others who share a similar passion for flavorful, nutritious food!