Provence You've Been Gone
Herbes de provence
- 1 lb dried or fresh pasta cooked per package instructions
- 3 tbsp butter/olive oil (or a mix of both)
- 1 tsp Healthy On You® Provence You've Been Gone Herbes de Provence seasoning
- 1 large leek (white and light green parts) halved and sliced thin
- ½ lb fresh asparagus
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas (see note)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ tsp sea salt
Prepare the Pasta
- Make the pasta per the package instructions; be careful not to over cook. Set aside the cooked and drained pasta and reserve 1 cup + of the pasta water.
Prepare the Vegetables
- While the pasta cooks, in a high skillet or dutch oven, heat the butter/olive oil over medium heat; add the leeks and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir frequently and control the heat so they do not burn.
- Add the chopped asparagus and sauté with the leeks for 2 minutes until bright green; add the chopped spring onions and stir well.
- Cook the mixture for another 2 minutes (if using fresh peas, add them now.)
- Add the Provence You've Been Gone Herbes de Provence seasoning, and sea salt; stir well.
- Add the cooked pasta, frozen peas and the pasta water. Toss the mixture well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest; finish with the chopped parsley. Delish!
Heirloom Tomato And Leek Tart
It’s tomato season! If you have a garden, growing tomatoes are a test of patience that can sometimes make you want to pull your hair out. Luckily, local farmer’s markets are overflowing with tomatoes so sweet ripe tomatoes should be easy to come by. This tart is perfect for a main course at brunch and also works well with a side salad for a light dinner -with a glass of vino (wink, wink!)
White Asparagus Soup
Nothing, and I mean nothing is more satisfying and soothing than a bowl of white asparagus soup. Especially when they come into season in the springtime. I have such fond memories of enjoying this amazing soup on my last trip to Germany a couple of years ago. White asparagus has a milder flavor than the green ones.
Orecchiette Pasta with Velvety Carrot Miso Sauce
I taught this recipe in one of my cooking classes and boy oh boy was it a hit! The velvety carrot-miso sauce was so flavorful with our You're So Spain Savory Spanish blend adding a nice smoky flavor. The sauce can be repurposed for other dishes as well; a sauce for chicken and made into a soup. Another thing to note is that you can use bans pasta to make it gluten-free like in the video.
Give it a try and see what I mean about this to die for sauce!
Pasta With Sausage, Squash, And Sage
Looking for a quick weeknight meal? Well look no further! This recipe will soon be in your fall recipe rotation. There are certain foods I always try to keep in the fridge or freezer to help me create delicious, healthy and flavorful meals all week long. The key ones are frozen shrimp, corn, peas and chicken apple sausages. I never have a specific recipe for them at the time I buy them, but find they are just great with everything.
Learn How to Cook
With Our Blends
At Healthy On You®, we feel it is integral to give back to our communities and those in need. We have carried out this mission by offering donation-based cooking classes, we call our Cooking for a Cause series. All proceeds are donated to that classes’s charity of choice, typically a cause fighting for social justice and equality. Join us to learn how to cook with your favorite Healthy On You® blends, support a great cause, and meet others who share a similar passion for flavorful, nutritious food!